poniedziałek, 12 października 2020

Afghan Tribesmen - start of new project

 Hello again!

As if I didn't have enough projects on my workbench I started with another one, and I must say I got so hooked, that at the moment I put all other projects aside.

Just before my birthday I pre-ordered the new plastic Afghan Tribesmen 1800-1900 deal from Perry Miniatures along with the limited Malalai of Maiwand, Afghan high command, and a mountain gun.

Initially I planned to do it at a skirmish level with the Osprey Publishing's "The Men Who Would be Kings" ruleset, but I plan to expand it to the Black Powder level.

To do so, I started basing the minis on single round bases, and had my friend Gonzo from Black Grom Studio make me some movement trays. I went for 15x12cm trays for 12 minis each, as I plan to field them in little ununiformed mobs as small units. One day I will add some regulars, but these will be formed in ranks.

I must say, this is my first approach to colonial warefare (except of some Zulus that I painted few years ago), but it got me very interested in the period! I guess I will do the British one day as well, and maybe even jump to Africa for the Mahdist revolt (I guess I could use the same trays for the Mahdists then)?

I quickly assembled and painted the first unit, and am already working on the second one.

Taking into account the covid cases are increasing in Poland and I guess soon we will be under lockdown again, that will give me more time to paint in the evenings...

Some photos below.

Best wishes,

Jan


Cześć!

Jak gdybym nie miał wystarczająco dużo projektów na warsztacie, zacząłem kolejny i muszę powiedzieć, że tak mnie to wciągnęło, że w tej chwili wszystkie inne projekty odłożyłem na bok.

Tuż przed moimi urodzinami zamówiłem w przedsprzedaży nową plastikowe plastiki od Perry Miniatures - Afghan Tribesmen 1800-1900 wraz z limitowaną Malalai z Maiwand, dowództwem afgańskim i górską armatą.

Początkowo planowałem ich zrobić pod skirmish i grać według zasad „The Men Who were Kings” wydawnictwa Osprey, ale planuję rozszerzyć ich też do poziomu Black Powdera.

Aby to zrobić, zacząłem podstawkować figurki na pojedynczych okrągłych podstawkach, a mój kumpel Gonzo z Black Grom Studio zaprojektował i wykona mi kilka trejów. Wybrałem treje o wymiarze 15x12cm po 12 figurek każdy, ponieważ planuję ustawiać je w małych, niejednorodnych mobach jako małe jednostki. Pewnego dnia dodam kilka oddziałów regularnej armii, ale te będą ustawione w równych formacjach.

Muszę powiedzieć, że jest to moje pierwsze podejście do kolonialnego wargamingu (z wyjątkiem kilku Zulusów, których pomalowałem parę lat temu), ale bardzo zainteresował mnie ten okres! Myślę, że pewnego dnia dorobię też Brytyjczykami, a może nawet skoczę do Afryki i zrobię powstanie Mahdiego (mógłbym w sumie użyć tych samych trejów dla Mahdystów)?

Pierwsze oddział szybko posklejałem i pomalowałem, a nad drugim już pracuję.

Biorąc pod uwagę, że liczba przypadków koronawirusa w Polsce rośnie i myślę, że niedługo znów znów będziemy mieli "lockdown", to będę miał więcej czasu na malowanie wieczorami ...

Kilka zdjęć poniżej.

Pozdrawiam serdecznie,

Jasiek










The single tray / Pojedynczy "trej"

Set of trays for the whole 3 boxes / Zestaw "trejów" na 3 pudełka

Osprey rules


Jan

4 komentarze:

  1. Lovely looking Afghans! They've come out really well and might be useful for earlier periods, I quite fancy doing an Ottoman army...mmmm!
    Best Iain

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi

    1. Thank you! Great sculpts as always! Really got into that period and I think I’m doomed now!

      Best wishes
      Jan

      Usuń
  2. A nice start to a new project Jan...
    I take it that you will be adding the mountains, valleys and desert when you have enough troops 😁😁😁

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. You are right Aly! Already planning the work on a second modular gaming table, this time a one that could work for Afghanistan as well as Northen Africa for Bolt Action, and also for some Hail Caesar games. Project for the winter!

      All the best,
      JAn

      Usuń