piątek, 16 października 2020

Afghan Tribesmen - 2nd unit

 Hello!

I completed the second unit of the Afghans! Another set of 12 tribesmen is being assembled, and once I paint it will complete the first box. Once I finish with the first box I will probably do the mountain gun, and await the arrival of the Afghan cavalry that I ordered, and probably paint some of the Austrians for a change.

Meanwhile I ordered two books about the period - Return of a King: The Battle for Afghanistan, 1839-42 by William Dalrymple, and Great Game by Peter Hopkirk. Lots of pages to read but a fascinating story, and from my point very interesting to read about the role of Jan Prosper Witkiewicz, or Iwan Witkiewicz, as I'm friend with the relative of this double agent :-)


Cześć

Skończyłem drugi oddział Afgańczyków! Kolejny jest w trakcie składania, a kiedy go pomaluję, ukończę pierwsze pudełko z trzech. Następnie prawdopodobnie zrobię armatę górską i będę czekał na przybycie zamówionej przeze mnie kawalerii afgańskiej i prawdopodobnie dla małej odmiany pomaluję coś do Austriaków.

W międzyczasie zamówiłem dwie książki o tym okresie - Powrót Króla - Bitwa o Afganistan, 1839-42  Williama Dalrymple'a i Wielką Grę autorstwa Petera Hopkirka. Wiele stron do przeczytania, ale jest to fascynująca historia, a szczególnie ze względu na rolę Jana Prospera Witkiewicza, czy Iwana Witkiewicza, jako, że przyjaźnię się z krewnym tego podwójnego agenta :-)

2nd unit / Drugi oddział







The books / Książki


What I painted so far / To co pomalowałem do tej pory

Best wishes/Pozdrawiam,

Jan




6 komentarzy:

  1. Lovely looking Afghans, interesting books, have you had a chance to look at Maiwand day, blog? It's an excellent source for terrain and figures!
    Best Iain

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you! Yes I did. The more I read about it the more interesting it gets!

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  2. Piękne i czyściutkie malowanie. Świetna praca.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Dzięki za miłe słowa, ale z tą czystością malowania to bym nie przesadzał. To tylko baza, wash i lekkie rozjaśnienie, ale badał są trochę pozalewane ;-)

      Pozdrawiam,
      Jasiek

      Usuń
  3. Lovely looking toys Jan...as always.
    The whole North West frontier/Great Game period makes for fascinating reading...

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Aly! I hope to finish the third unit today (and the first box I got), and move on. Back into the proper painting mood again!

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń