środa, 12 kwietnia 2023

Paint it Black vol.6

 Hello!

Yesterday I managed to finish another three Brunswick units that I started two weeks ago.

This time I painted the three Light Battalions that were at Waterloo / Quatre Bras in 1815 - 

The 1st with buff coloured facings, 2nd in yellow, and 3rd with orange. The difference between the light and line infantry was the horn on the shako instead of the plate with a horse, and the little plume with yellow over blue instead the other way around for the line battalions. Unfortunately they didn't carry any flags.

I'm pretty happy with the final look, though it was a pain to paint all 72 figures at one go (I promised myself not to do that again!).

Now as I'm done with all the infantry (204 minis since January!), I can move on to the cavalry, artillery, command and some extras and the project will be done! I would like to finish it by June when we plan some "100 days campaign" themed game in our club. I hope I'll manage!

Some photos below.

Cześć!

Wczoraj udało mi się skończyć kolejne trzy oddziały Brunszwiku, które zacząłem dwa tygodnie temu.

Tym razem pomalowałem trzy bataliony lekkiej piechoty, które były pod Waterloo / Quatre Bras w 1815 roku.

Pierwsza z elementami umundurowania (kołnierze, pagony, lampasy) w kolorze płowym, druga w kolorze żółtym, a trzecia w kolorze pomarańczowym. Różnica między piechotą lekką a piechotą liniową polegała na tym, że na czako był róg zamiast pelty z koniem, a pompon był  na górze żółty, a na dole niebieski, a w batalionach liniowych odwrotnie. Niestety nie nosili żadnych sztandarów.

Jestem całkiem zadowolony z ostatecznego wyglądu, chociaż malowanie wszystkich 72 figurek za jednym zamachem było męką (obiecałem sobie, że więcej tego nie zrobię!).

Teraz, kiedy skończyłem z całą piechotą (204 figurek od stycznia!), mogę przejść do kawalerii, artylerii , dowództwa, kilku dodatków i projekt będzie gotowy! Chciałbym go skończyć do czerwca, kiedy planujemy rozegrać w naszym klubie bitwę osadzoną w kampanii "100 dni". Mam nadzieję, że dam radę!

Kilka zdjęć poniżej.

Three light infantry battalions / Trzy bataliony piechoty lekkiej


1st light infantry battalion ("buff") / Pierwszy batalion lekkiej piechoty ("płowy")








2nd light infantry battalion ("yellow") / Pierwszy batalion lekkiej piechoty ("żółty")








3rd light infantry battalion ("orange") / Trzeci batalion lekkiej piechoty ("pomarańczowy")








Best wishes / Pozdrawiam serdecznie,
Jan


6 komentarzy:

  1. Very nice Jan…
    72 figures in one go 😳… your a braver man than me.

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Aly. I was painting one/two elements on each figure per daily painting session. I woudn't have survived without listening to "The Rest is History" podcast :-)
      Among different topics here was a pretty interesting one on the Burgundians which will be my next painting project once I finish with the Brunswick army.

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  2. Excellent looking light bobs, Burgundians sound interesting!
    Best Iain

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Iain. Yes I'm really looking forward to starting the Burgundian project. Late 15 Century is on of my biggest interests and suprisingly I don't have any armies for that period yet!

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  3. They came out looking super, Jan! I have painted similar troops (mostly Napoleonic line infantry) in groups of 72, which is 4 units for me) quite often. It can be a bit tedious but it really moves the needle on getting a project done!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you. It definitely does! Though I took a break and am painting something smaller one that I hope to share tomorrow.

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń