wtorek, 24 stycznia 2023

Paint it Black vol. 3

 Hello!

I managed to finish another unit for the Brunswick 1815 army - probably one of the most iconic ones (aparat of the Black Hussars) - Braunschweigische Leibbataillon. Unfortunately they didn’t carry any flags.

I’m pretty happy with the progress of the project so far. The avantgarde and jäger companies are next, and maybe next I’ll do some cavalry or artillery for a change.

Photos below.

Cześć!

Udało mi się skończyć kolejny oddział do armii Brunszwiku, prawdopodobnie jeden z najbardziej charakterystycznych (może oprócz Czarnych Huzarów) - Braunschweigische Leibbataillon. Niestety nie nosili żadnych sztandarów.

Jestem całkiem zadowolony z postępów nad projektem. Teraz biorę się za kompanie awangardy i jegrów, a następnie dla odmiany jakąś kawalerię lub artylerię.

Kilka zdjęć poniżej.








Progress so far / Aktualne postępy

Best wishes / Pozdrawiam serdecznie,
Jan



6 komentarzy:

  1. Very nice indeed Jan…
    I’m not sure I could sustain painting that much black..😁

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Aly! This is slightly painful experience, but on the other hand quite satisfying to be able to make the whole army in a relatively short period of time (I hope!), and then move on to the next project. Maybe I should've included some Burgundians or Swiss in between to have some "change for my eyes", but now it's too late as I'm almost half way done ;-)

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  2. Iconic as you say and beautifully done. I really like the officer's green gloves. That's an impressive mini-review after such a short time!
    Regards, James

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you James! It was interesting to learn that the officers of the Light Battalions wore green gloves and white for Line ones. I didn't know that before.

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  3. Another splendid looking unit!
    Best Iain

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Iain. It was fun to paint despite all being black ;-)

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń