sobota, 27 listopada 2021

Ancient (surprise) reinforcements


Hello everyone,

Today, I will present a bit of surprize reinforcements for my ancients collection. 

Few years ago I started with a Carthaginian army to play with come of my ex-club members. 
As in the last two years I had hardly any chance of playing Hail Caesar, I recently started to consider selling these minis mostly due to lack of opponents, but suddenly few days ago I was asked by a friend if I would be interested in his army! 
I got a very good offer and it was difficult to resist! So now I got an invasion of nicely painted Greco-Bactrian army that will allow me to play at home when someone visits ;-)
Maybe I shouldn’t boast about minis that I haven’t painted, but treat it as a praise for the work of my friend Pumba :-)

Photos below.

Phalanx no 1 (Warlord Games)

Phalanx no 2 (Warlord Games)


Phalanx no 3 (Warlord Games)


Unarmoured Hoplites (Crusader)


Thracian javelinmen (Crusader)


Rhodian Slingers (Crusader)


Cretan Archers (Crusader)


Thureophoroi no 1 (Crusader)


Thureophoroi no 2 (Agema conversions)


Thracian infantry with romphaias (Crusader)


Thracian cavalry (Victrix)


Prodromoi (Crusader)


Italian light cavalry (Crusader)


War elephant (Aventine)


Scythian horse archers no 1


Scythian horse archers no 2


Scythian horse archers no 3


Commanders


Thorakitai/Imitation legionaries (Agema conversions)


The whole ancient collection  (the new Greco-Bactrian and my Carthaginians, Numidians and Samnites)



Best wishes,
Jan

12 komentarzy:

  1. They look fantastic - you did well there :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Odpowiedzi
    1. Yes, very happy with the purchase!

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  3. A splendid acquisition indeed Jan…
    That’s a lovely looking set of miniatures and very nicely painted.

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Yes! Fair deal of work put into these by Pawel. I played few times against this army. Now can’t wait to field it myself.

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  4. Nęcąca oferta, to coś co zawsze drenuje nasze portfele ;) Bardzo fajna kolekcja!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. No ciężko się czasem powstrzymać przed uzależnieniem od nowych zabawek ;-)

      Pozdrawiam,
      Jasiek

      Usuń
  5. A great collection in an era I haven't entered yet! Very good trade.
    Why isn't the blog in Polish?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Podczas edycji skasowała mi się polska wersja. Wkurzyłem się i nie chciało mi się drugi raz pisać.

      Z czasem może poprawię, a dalej będzie standardowo dwujęzycznie.

      Pozdrawiam,
      Jasiek

      Usuń
  6. Splendid looking ancient army,who can say no to an army with pikes and elephants!
    Best Iain

    OdpowiedzUsuń