piątek, 8 października 2021

1st Regiment Kaiser Franz Chevaulegres and some updates

Hello everyone,

After another long delay I slowly return to my painting projects.

I must admit that over the summer I havn't done much hobby related other than playing some skirmish games.

After a holiday in Finland (I might do a separate post on the fantastic military museums there!) my time was occupied mostly with doing preserves for the next season (this year we put 224kg of vegetables and fruit in form of jams, marmalades, sauces, etc, on top of some liqueurs and kim chi that I have in the making!), and preparation to my first Long Shot competition (100, 200 and 300m) with my 1902 Schmidt Rubin rifle.

Anyway, I finally got back to painting, and first of all I recently finished a large squadron (well in Black Powder) of 1st Regiment Kaiser Franz Chevaulegres with two squadrons of Cuirassiers to follow soon (hopefully). These are the Perry Miniatures figures that I put together last year during my post-covid convalescence and then forgotten about being occupied by the Afghan project.

Speaking of the 2nd Afghan War currently I have in the making another three units of the tribesmen as well as 4 units of regulars and artillery that I want to finish in the next few weeks.

Some photos below.


Cześć wszystkim,

Po kolejnej długiej przerwie powoli wracam do swoich projektów malarskich. Muszę przyznać, że przez całe lato nie zajmowałem się zbytnio hobby poza graniem w różne skirmishe.

Po wakacjach w Finlandii (swoją drogą chyba zrobię osobny post o tamtejszych fantastycznych muzeach militarnych!) byłem zajęty robieniem przetworów na kolejny sezon (w tym roku zrobiliśmy w słoikach 224kg warzyw i owoców w postaci dżemów, marmolad, sosów , itp., a do tego trochę likierów i kim chi!) i przygotowaniami do moich pierwszych strzeleckich zawodów długodystansowych (100, 200 i 300 m).

Tak czy inaczej w końcu wróciłem do malowania i niedawno ukończyłem duży oddział (do Black Powdera) 1 Pułku Szwoleżerów Karl Franz. Są to figurki Perry Miniatures, które skleiłem w zeszłym roku podczas mojej post-covidowej rekonwalescencji, po czym o nich zapomniałem, zajmując się "projektem afgańskim".

Mówiąc o drugiej wojnie afgańskiej, obecnie mam w przygotowaniu kolejne trzy oddziały "tribesmenów" oraz 4 jednostki regularne i artylerię, które chcę skończyć w ciągu najbliższych kilku tygodni. Kilka zdjęć poniżej.

 

1st Regiment Kaiser Franz Chevaulegres / 1 Pułk Szwoleżerów Karl Franz










My preserves / Moje przetwory

Long Shot


Best wishes/Pozdrawiam serdecznie,
Jan



8 komentarzy:

  1. Lovely toys Jan…
    And a nice looking preserves cupboard…
    And shooting vintage guns… nice…
    I think Forgotten Weapons did a video on this rifle… or something similar.

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Aly. Yes! Forgotten Weapons is one of my favourite channels to watch/listen to when I paint minis. My Schmidt & Rubin is a 1896/11 model. I also shoot k98/29 Persian Mauser and M27 Finnish Mosin Nagant from Winter War, but so far have the best results from the 96/11. It’s amazing how well these were made 120 years ago. Swiss precision ;-)

      All the best,
      Jan

      Usuń
  2. Lovely cavalry, and nice work on the preserves!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Das ist sehr gute oddział konny. I jaki grosse!
    Jednak najbardziej zazdraszczam przetworów. ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Dzięki, ale figurki starczą na dłużej.... mam nadzieję ;-)

      Pozdrawiam,
      Jasiek

      Usuń
  4. You have done a great job on the Perry Austrian cavalry Jan - I must get my hands on some of these st some point. Looks like you will have plenty of supplies to get you through a harsh Polish winter too!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. The winters are not so hars recently (unfortunately as I love winter), but yes I have plenty to paint and more to come. I think we all do ;-)

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń