wtorek, 26 stycznia 2021

Afghan Project - Tribesmen - another units, and some ACW terrain

 Hello,

A short update today on the Afghan project.

Last week I have assembeled and painted another box that is three small units of the Afghan Tribesmen from Perry Miniatures. Rather quick paintjob with just basecoating and the help of the magic Brown Liquid ;-) I still have to finish the movement trays for Black Powder. All of my Afghans on foot on the last photo.

Another box to go soon, but this week I'm taking a break and jumping to a different continent, as I plan to finish some buildings for the ACW game I plan for Friday. These are from Hovels. I bought them and undercoated them over a year ago, and it is now time to finsh. The moulds for these have definitely seen their better days, and some of the buildings are a bit rough, but I'm sure they will look good on the tabletop once finished.


Cześć,

Mała aktualizacja projektu afgańskiego.

W zeszłym tygodniu złożyłem i pomalowałem kolejne pudełko (3 małe oddzialy) Afgańczków od Perry Miniatures. Raczej szybkie malowanie na zasadzie kolorów bazowych i magicznego brązowego washa ;-). Muszę dorobić tylko treje do Black Powdera. Cała dotychczasowa piechota afgańska na ostatnim zdjęciu.

Kolejne pudełko w planach, ale w tym tygodniu skaczę na inny kontynent, bo zamierzam pomalować kilka budynków do planowanej na ten piątek rozgrywki w ACW. Budynki są z firmy Hovels. Kupiłem i zapodkładowałem ponad rok temu, ale najwyższy czas je skończyć. Formy z których pochodzą zdecydowanie mają już lepsze czasy za sobą, i część budynków jest mocno nierówna, ale mam nadzieję, że będą się dobrze prezentować na stole po pomalowaniu.











Best wishes/Pozdrawiam serdecznie,
Jan

7 komentarzy:

  1. Lovely toys as always Jan...

    I am rather fond of Hovels buildings... they are not to oversized... and very hard wearing...

    All the best. Aly

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Yes, they are great! The only problem I have with them is that I think they use some pretty old moulds and/or do not vacuum them properly (or both), as there is a number of miscasts, bubbles etc, that are a pain to remove as the resin they use is very hard (but durable which is good!). I think I will just cover it with paint ;-) They look great on the table though as proven on many of the PM photos ;-) I will definitely buy some of their napoleonic stuff (for sure the chateu!), and some bridges for my future river.

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
  2. Great looking Afghans, they might be fast but they look rather good! Never tried hovels,I don't like spending money on terrain!
    Best Iain

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you Iain! I don't like spending money as well, but like to have a complimentary terrein for my minis. I could do it myself, which takes time, and time is money, so I just buy it and have more time to paint minis ;-)

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Usuń
    2. You are of course quite right and sensible, I just seem incapable of doing it!
      Best Iain

      Usuń